Summer Course on Modern Optics and Its Applications (SCoMOA 2023)
28 July – 1 August 2023, Bandung, Indonesia
Date and Mode of Meeting
The Summer Course on Modern Optics and Its Applications (SCoMOA) is an international summer course held by the Indonesian Optical Society (InOS). The SCoMOA 2023 is organized in collaboration with the Physics Department, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Department of Electrical Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, Universitas Padjadjaran, and University of Malaya.
The SCoMOA 2023 will be carried out on July 28th – August 1st, 2023. The summer course will be organized in hybrid mode, where participants from Indonesia will attend the course in-person in Institut Teknologi Bandung while international participants may attend the course online in synchronous mode. The summer course will be integrated with the tutorial sessions of ISMOA 2023. Participants are encouraged to join ISMOA after following the course.
The aim of the summer course is to equip participants with basic knowledge on the rapidly growing field of modern optics.
The course is designed to address undergraduate and early graduate students in physics and engineering.
Learning Load and Credit Earning
Learning load in the course will consists of 16 x 100 minutes sessions. The learning will consists of lectures, discussions, laboratory sessions, homeworks, groupworks, and evaluations. This learning loads fits to Indonesian 2 credit units course learning load. The organizer encourages the participants to discuss with their academic authority in their institution to explore possibility of credit earning of this summer course. The organizer is open to sign agreement with the home institution of the participants if such formalities are needed.
What will the Participants Received After the Course
After the course, participants who fulfill the course loads and pass the evaluations will receive a certificate of participation with description on the course topics, course load, and evaluation results.
Participation in the course will be free. Lunch will be provided. However, the participants need to secure the expense of their stay during the course on their own.
Topics and Lecturers
The topics and Lecturers of the Summer Course are as follows
- Fundamentals of Optics, Dr. Agus M. Hatta, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Indonesia
- Theory of Optical Waveguides, Dr. Muldarisnur, Universitas Andalas, Indonesia
- Lab. Works on Optical Mode Solving, Dr. Henri P. Uranus, Universitas Pelita Harapan, Indonesia
- Characterization of Optical Waveguides, Prof. Ayi Bahtiar, Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia
- Optical Fibers, Dr. Henri P. Uranus, Universitas Pelita Harapan, Indonesia
- Plasmonics and Biomedical Applications, Dr. Priastuti Wulandari, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Solar Cells, Dr. Rahmat Hidayat, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Lab. Works Experiments, Dr. Herman, Institut Teknologi Bandung, & Dr. Sahrul Hidayat, Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia
- Group Work and Paper Writing
- Optical Periodic System and Photonic Crystals, Dr. Alexander A. Iskandar, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy, Dr. Indra Karnadi, Univ. Krida Wacana, Indonesia
- Fiber Laser, Prof. Dr. Sulaiman W. Harun, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Laser Interaction with Materials, Dr. Isnaeni, BRIN Indonesia (ISMOA Tutorial Session)
- Integrated Nanophotonics, Prof. David Marpaung, University of Twente, The Netherlands (ISMOA Tutorial Session)
- Plasmonics and Its Applications, Prof. Kaoru Tamada, Kyushu University, Japan (ISMOA Tutorial Session)
Chair: Rahmat HIDAYAT, ITB
Co-Chair: Henri P. URANUS, UPH
Co-Chair: FITRILAWATI, UNPAD
Local Organizing Committee
Tresurer: Rinda HEDWIG, BINUS
Video Conference Facility: Handoko, Alvin, ITB
Registration deadline is 23 July 2023. Registration link will be provided later. Please kindly come back to check this page later.