The International Symposium on Modern Optics and Its Applications (ISMOA) is a meeting held by the Indonesian Optical Society (InOS). The 14th ISMOA or ISMOA 2023 is joint organized by the Physics of Magnetism & Photonics Res. Div., Bandung Institute of Technology, Department of Physics, Padjadjaran University, and BRIN on 1-4 August 2023 in Bandung, Indonesia. The theme of this symposium is Photonics for Fostering Sustainable Education and Developments.
Due to the pandemic, the ISMOA 2021 will be carried out virtually through video conference. Despite the travel restriction, this meeting, as all its previous meetings, is aimed at providing a forum of scientific communication and interactions among regional scientists and distinguished scientists working in the rapidly growing field of modern optics.
The meeting is initiated by tutorial sessions on 2 August 2021 which is aimed to equip young scientists with sufficient background in order to attend the main meeting on 3 – 4 August 2021.
The tutorial session will be:
- Tutorial Webinar on “Basic Laser Spectroscopy and Its Applications in Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy” by Prof. Wahyu SETIABUDI (MMM Research Center & Univ. Diponegoro, Indonesia)
- Tutorial Webinar on “Recent Developments in Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy in Indonesia” by Dr. Indra KARNADI (MMM Research Center & Univ. Kristen Krida Wacana, Indonesia)
- Tutorial Webinar on “Solid-State Quantum Light Source: Generation and Applications” by Prof. Takashi KURODA (National Institute for Material Science, Japan)
- Tutorial Webinar on “Introduction to Metamaterials and Metasurfaces” by Prof. Jonghwa SHIN (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea)
The main meeting on 3 – 4 August 2021 will consist of Plenary Sessions and Poster Presentations. The plenary sessions will consist of invited papers and contributed papers. Poster session will be initiated by 3-minute preview of presentation followed by multimedia presentation of poster in dedicated virtual room, in which participants can interact with the poster presenter.
The ISMOA 2021 will also feature The May-On Tjia Lecture, which will be delivered by Prof. David Marpaung from University of Twente, The Netherlands, who will give a talk on “Programmable Photonic Chips“
Based on quality, selected papers will be published either in the SCOPUS/Web of Science indexed international reputable journal:
1. Journal of Nonlinear Optical Physics & Materials (http://www.worldscientific.com/worldscinet/jnopm) (subject to additional peer review by the journal)
or in the SCOPUS/Thompson Reuters (TR) indexed international proceedings of the Institute of Physics (IOP):
2. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (http://iopscience.iop.org/journal/1742-6596)
We are pleased to have you at our conference!